Friday, March 25, 2011

The Elusive Peace

PEACE
1.  A state of tranquility or quiet;
     a.  A freedom from civil disturbance;
     b.  A state of security or order within a
          community provided for by law or
          custom.
2.  Freedom from disquieting thoughts or
      oppressions. 
3.  Harmony in personal relations.
4.  a.  A state or period of mutual concord
            between parties.
     b.  A pact or agreement to end
            hostilities between those who have
            been at war or in a state of enmity.



Dear Peace,

How I long for you.  You are the first hope in the morning and the last prayer at night.  I have searched for you endlessly for years to no avail.  At times, I can see you peeking around the corner.  I run to you at full throttle only to find you have, once again, disappeared into the abyss.  For short, sporadic moments I have enjoyed your company but your visits are brief.  Teasing almost.  I know you are out there, somewhere.  I would love to welcome you a place to reside.  I will ask nothing of you...just your presence.  If you need directions, I will eagerly supply them.  I will even meet you half way if necessary. 

Oh, you are more than welcome to bring your companion along with you, Hope!

Blessings to you.  I look forward to welcoming PEACE and HOPE into my world!

No comments: